Lisa A. Peterson
Partner, Akin Gump
Lisa A. Peterson is a Partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, where she counsels investment vehicles, high-net-worth individuals and companies in all of their transactional activities and day-to-day business needs. Lisa’s practice involves a wide array of corporate and transactional matters, including:
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
- corporate governance and other general corporate matters;
- the formation of complex joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and strategic alliances, as well as numerous types of commercial matters
- investments in private equity, venture capital, hedge and real estate funds; direct investments in corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies; co-investments; secondary transactions; and other similar matters.
- advice to private investment funds in the full range of their fundraising and investment activity.
Lisa serves on several firm committees and is a member of the Business Law and Computer and Technology sections of the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association (Business Law Section and Energy Business Committee) and the Tarrant County Bar Association (Business and Estate, International and Women Attorneys Sections); and a Fellow in both the Texas Bar Foundation and the American Bar Foundation. Lisa’s community, civic and charitable activities include being a former director and an officer of Resolana and a member of the Grants Review Committee of the Dallas Women’s Foundation. She also serves as a member of the Board of the Dallas Chapter of The General Counsel Forum.
Lisa has been recognized by Fort Worth Texas magazine as one of Tarrant County’s top corporate/mergers and acquisitions attorneys and she has been named one of the “Great Women of Texas” by the Fort Worth Business Press. Lisa received her J.D. from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University and her B.S. in Accounting, cum laude, from Louisiana Tech University.