Houston Education Event:
Strictly Business Body Language-Understanding Nonverbal Communication
It’s a scientific fact that a person’s body gestures give away his true intentions. Actually, over ninety percent of all face-to-face communication is nonverbal; thus, the silent messages of the body often reveal more than the spoken word in conveying true feelings and attitudes. Jan Hargrave, expert in the field of nonverbal communication and author of Let Me See Your Body Talk, Freeway of Love, Judge the Jury, Strictly Business Body Language, and Poker Face, helps you discover how to:
• Make a positive impression.
• Persuade another to adopt your viewpoints.
• Detect the “micro-expressions” of deception.
• Recognize cultural nonverbal diversity and global customs.
• Develop nonverbal leadership competencies.
• Read others—what they say and, more importantly, what they try desperately not to say.
• Understand quick ways to sharpen rapport…mirroring/matching.
• Identify verbal objections before they are expressed.
• Incorporate learned skills from this presentation into every aspect of your life.
Special Thanks to Oppenheimer Funds for sponsoring the speaker for this event!
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Crapitto’s Cucina Italiana
2400 Mid Lane
Houston, TX 77027
Cost is $40pp and includes 3 course dinner
For those registering after October 14th, the cost is $50pp
Members and guests are welcome.