Vice Chairman, Global Wealth Management, Managing Director and Senior Client Advisor at Morgan Stanley
Carla Harris is a Vice Chairman, Global Wealth Management, Managing Director and Senior Client Advisor at Morgan Stanley. She is responsible for increasing client connectivity and penetration to enhance revenue generation across the firm. She formerly headed the Emerging Manager Platform, the equity capital markets effort for the consumer and retail industries and was responsible for Equity Private Placements. Ms. Harris has extensive industry experiences in the technology, media, retail, telecommunications, transportation, industrial, and healthcare sectors.
For more than a decade, Ms. Harris was a senior member of the equity syndicate desk and executed such transactions as initial public offerings for UPS, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Ariba, Digitas, and others.
Ms. Harris has been featured in:
- Fortune “The Most Powerful Black Executives in Corporate America” and “The Most Influential List”
- Black Enterprise magazine “Top 75 African Americans on Wall Street” and “Top 75 Most Powerful Women in Business”
- Essence “The 50 Women Who are Shaping the World”
- Ebony “15 Corporate Women at the Top”
- In August 2013, President Obama appointed Ms. Harris as the chairperson of the National Women’s Business Council.