We are pleased to announce the release of our newest white paper – A Deep Dive into the Universe of Women-Run Hedge Funds.
A field of study exists delving into behaviors and psychology in relation to gender and investing, but little research has examined the performance of women running their own funds. Our goal is to provide statistical data and analysis behind this cohort of managers.
Some highlights from the paper:
- Approximately 150 to 200 women-run hedge fundsare currently in operation
- Over the past 10 years, these funds have consistently outperformed the broader universe of hedge funds
- This outperformance holds to a statistically significantlevel even after making extensive adjustments for survivor bias and sample size
- Women-run hedge funds recovered from the financial crisis in half the timeas the overall industry
- Beyond any social justification, there is a strong investment caseto be made for allocating to these funds
We hope you enjoy the paper! Please reach out if you have any questions or thoughts. We look forward to continuing the discussion and research into women-run alternative managers!
The Kyria Team