|When: Wednesday, October 21st from 6pm to 8pm
Where: The Tasting Room at River Oaks
Dinner is Dutch treat and will be limited to 12 people, so sign up early!
Upcoming Events in Houston
Past Events in Houston
|Tuesday, September 22nd at 6pm
Dinner is dutch treat and will be limited to 20 people, so sign up soon!
Houston Committees Volunteer Meeting – August 12
There will be a dinner held at Christine Drusch’s house in Bellaire TX for all women interested in volunteering for the Houston Committees. This is a private event.
If you have an interest in attending or learning more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for a Houston Small Dinner with Janet Luby!
Janet has been in the fund management business for 20+ years; most recently as a Senior Portfolio Manager for Van Kampen Investments. Please join her for dinner where she will discuss what it took to get to the top, the importance of networking, and how to do it effectively.
When: Wednesday May 20th at 7:00 pm
Where: Palazzo’s Trattoria River Oaks
2300 Westheimer, Houston TX
Space is limited to 12 people, so reserve early to guarantee your spot!
Janet began her career at United Bank Houston as Assistant Comptroller and then spent 8 years at Invesco Aim, on the accounting side and then transitioning to an Equity Research Analyst role. In 1995, she took on a portfolio management role at Van Kampen Investments. Her last position there was Senior Portfolio Manager / Executive Director. She left Van Kampen in 2007. Janet is a CFA charterholder and Certified Public Accountant. She has a BBA in finance from Texas A&M and is a Houston native. She is married to Dennis Luby and they enjoy their time off at their ranch in Bandera TX.
Speaker: Mary O’Connor, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Felp LLP
Tuesday, April 7, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Offices of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Felp LLP 1111 Louisiana Street 44th Floor Houston, TX 77002-5200
This event is free of charge and limited to 30 people, so please register soon. We look forward to seeing you there.
Many thanks to Akin Gump for hosting us!
O’Connor, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Felp LLP
Mary O’Connor has more than 20 years of experience in complex business litigation, arbitration and corporate investigations. She has tried cases in state and federal district courts and has briefed and argued numerous cases on appeal. Ms. O’Connor has also handled securities arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association, the New York Stock Exchange and the National Association of Securities Dealers. In addition, she has represented clients in private arbitrations involving purchase price adjustments and reinsurance issues.
Ms. O’Connor’s recent representations include –
- the audit committee of a New York Stock Exchange-listed distributor of brand-name consumer products in an investigation of alleged irregularities in accounting and disclosure practices
- the audit committee of a public company providing restaurant and entertainment services in an investigation of alleged irregularities in accounting for stock option grants
- an Argentina-based oil and gas company in federal trial and appellate court proceedings to confirm ICC arbitration awards in excess of $550 million against a state-owned oil company and the Government of Turkmenistan
- a leading provider of nutritional supplements in shareholder class action, shareholder derivative and Texas Attorney General litigation related to marketing practices of the company’s independent sales associates
- the former CEO of a public company in an SEC enforcement action based on the company’s alleged improper recognition of revenue for software sales and services
- the former CFO of a publicly-held distribution company in shareholder class actions, litigation by the trustee of a liquidating trust for creditors of the company, and an SEC enforcement action arising from alleged improprieties in accounting for vendor incentives
- the chairman of the board of a publicly-owned financial services company in NASD arbitration proceedings brought by individual customers of an introducing broker
- an Ohio-based manufacturing company in an SEC investigation of fraudulent accounting practices by the vice president for finance of one of its subsidiaries
- a major telecommunications company in trademark litigation with a competitor in the wireless services business
- a manufacturer of food-grade plastic packaging in patent infringement litigation with a competitor.
Ms. O’Connor joined Akin Gump in 1983 and has been a partner since 1990. She received her B.A. summa cum laude in political science from Bryn Mawr College in 1979 and her J.D. from Stanford Law School in 1983. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the Texas Bar Foundation and the Dallas Bar Foundation. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas and the District of Colorado.
Please join us for the Houston Holiday Party!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
At Jennifer Castillo’s home
Braes Heights Neighborhood – Aryshire Side
The evening will be a pot luck, so we will need people to bring your favorite hors d’oeuvres or desserts and if you wish to opt out of food, you are welcome to bring some wine instead. Please email us to let us know what you will bring when you RSVP.
Please come celebrate the holidays with the other Wall Street Women!
Please join us for a presentation hosted by Becky Roof!
“You cannot be successful if…”
Come hear Becky’s best advice on how to achieve your career goals.
The evening will include lots of socializing, wine, champagne and hors d’oeuvres!
When: Monday, November 10, 2008 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
Where: Becky Roof’s home – Tanglewood Area
P.S. If you have any suits to donate, please bring them along. Becky will arrange to have them cleaned and donated to the Houston Area Women’s Shelter.
This event is free of charge and is being hosted by Alix Partners.
We look forward to seeing you there!
TXWSW Race for the Cure 2008
With grateful thanks to our uniform sponsors:
- BNP Paribas
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
- Meritage Capital
- Onyx Capital
- Prudent Bear Funds
- Shirkey Consulting
- Source Trading
- State Street